As we wind down the 2022-2023 school year, it is time to prepare for SOL testing. Please note the dates your student will be testing and help ensure they come to school prepared for success!
- Fuel the Body: Make certain your student has a good night’s rest before the test
- Fuel the Brain: Provide a nutritious breakfast in the morning. A free breakfast is available in all the school cafeterias each school day.
- Arrive on Time: Plan for arriving to school on time so that your student does not feel rushed and can take the test with classmates on the scheduled day.
- See Success: Make certain your student has any needed eyewear.
- Take Their Time: Tests are untimed. Avoid scheduling any appointments for your student on the day of the test and encourage them to take their time.
- Speak It Make It So: Encourage your student to do their best and let them know you believe in them.
- Talk It Out: Help your student understand that no electronic devices are allowed in SOL testing. This includes phones and electronic watches.
The AHES testing schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, April 19: VAAP Reading
- Tuesday, April 25: Grade 5 Reading
- Wednesday, April 26: Grade 4 Reading
- Thursday, April 27: Grade 3 Reading
- Monday, May 1: Grade 5 Virginia Studies
- Tuesday, May 2: Grade 4 Math
- Wednesday, May 3: Grade 3 Math
- Thursday, May: Grade 5 Math
- Tuesday, May 9: Grade 5 Science
- Monday, May 15: VAAP Math
- Wednesday, May 17: VAAP Science