Originally a high school, Albert Harris Elementary School opened in 1958. The school is named in honor of Albert Harris, an African-American minister and educator who played a key role in advocating for the creation of schools for African-American children in the area. Today, Albert Harris Elementary is home to approximately 490 students in kindergarten through fifth grade. The school mascot is the wildcat, and the official colors are black and gold. Thanks to an enthusiastic group of teachers and staff, students at Albert Harris Elementary are winning wildcats.